Thanks to our Featured Movin’ Mama Andrea, below you’ll find a super easy and quick recipe for Fish…something I know I am guilty of forgetting to include in my own weeknight dinner menus. Andrea suggests you serve your fish dish with fresh spinach, rice or even a side of whole wheat pasta.
- 2 lbs. of Halibut or white fish
- Fresh Lemon
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- cherry tomatoes, chopped in half with no seeds
- 1 can of plain artichoke hearts
- kalamata olives
- fresh parsley
- Fresh ground pepper
- Use a white fish like halibut or cod and cut into serving size for # of guests.
- Wash and dry fish, then add salt and pepper to taste
- Put a small amount of olive oil on the bottom of a large heavy pot (if you have a ceramic one, that works best)
- Cut and layer lemon slices on the bottom of the pot
- Place the fish flat on top of the lemon slices
- Add garlic, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, capers and kalamata olives to your liking, place all around the fish
- Pour a little more olive oil over the top and then add white wine.
- Cover the pot and cook over medium-high heat for 15 minutes (or until the fish is opaque and start to flake apart a little bit)
- Turn off heat and sprinkle with a small amount of fresh parsley and a little more olive oil as needed.