Thanks to our Featured Movin’ Mama Liz, below you’ll find a very easy and delicious, Mama-Friendly dinner recipe for chicken sausage over spaghetti squash…Mama Mia! Just as good as the real deal.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 package of organic chicken sausage (garlic, spinach flavored)
- Sea salt
- Italian seasoning
- Minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- Red/green bell pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash lengthwise and remove all of the seeds. Rub a tiny bit of EVOO on each half of squash and then sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Put the squash face-side down and pierce the skin with a fork. Put in heated oven and let it roast for about 45 minutes or until you can easily stick a fork through the skin.
- Then use the fork to shred the spaghetti squash and make it look like actual spaghetti.
- While the squash is baking, heat a small amount of EVOO in a skillet pan.
- Thinly slice onions, peppers, and mushrooms and sauté them until soft (you can also add zucchini and summer squash). When the vegetables are almost soft, add sliced organic chicken sausage (italian or spinach flavor is delicious).
- Continue cooking that on medium heat until it starts to brown, then add sea salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, and parsley to the pan, and let it cook into the veggies and sausage for a few minutes.
- Finally, add 2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce. (Rao’s organic Tomato Basil sauce is awesome!) and let it all sauté together until warmed.
- Top the spaghetti squash with this mixture and a little sprinkle of parmesan cheese!