- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar (or honey, Stevia, agave)
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
Mix together the soy sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar, orange juice, hoisin sauce, garlic, and ginger.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours until the chicken is fully cooked. Slice or shred.
*Optional: Want a thicker sauce? Add the sauce from the slow cooker to a small pot. Bring to a boil. Meanwhile combine 1 tbsp. of cornstarch and 1 tbsp. cold water. Add to the boiling sauce and stir well. Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
Want it crispy? Spread the chicken on a baking sheet covered with foil and broil for 3-4 minutes or until crispy.